Paris is Always a Good Idea!
Paris is always a good idea... A phrase made famous by the beautiful Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina but oh so true! It would seem that most fashion brands have fallen in love with Paris this year with PARIS printed across many a top. One such top made it into my 14 year old daughter’s wardrobe last month, shortly followed by, ‘I’d LOVE to go to Paris mum!’
Alors, pourqui pas! I really didn’t take much convincing. So we set off for 24 hours in Paris. A real treat!
24 hours in Paris
We took the Eurostar at 7.30am on Saturday morning and arrived in central Paris by 11am Paris time. We jumped on the Metro to St Germain, enjoyed a café au lait at the iconic Les Deux Magots and then checked into Hotel Verneuil. You can find this little gem of a hotel on the i-Escape website. It was a super base for a whistle stop tour of the main Paris attractions. The rooms are small but that is pretty standard in Paris and they were very clean, comfortable and stylish.
We managed to cram a lot into a short time and walked almost everywhere, clocking up around 15 miles! So we were more than ready for our delicious meal at Le Fumoir, next to the Louvre, on Saturday evening following by the best hot chocolate back at Les Deux Magots to round off the day.
A trip to Monmartre on Sunday morning for coffee and croissants rounded off our 24 hours in style and we were back on the Eurostar at lunchtime, Tom Misch’s ‘Lost in Paris’ ringing in our ears all the way home.
Paris style interiors
The effortless elegance in Parisienne style is as evident in interiors as it is in fashion styling. There is an exquisite mix of the old and the new, the traditional and the modern, the ornate and the clean lined. The results are oh so chic. Clearly there are many ways to capture a Parisienne flavor in home styling. Here’s our interpretation…
Shop the board…
- Eloise Wall Light from Sweetpea & Willow
- Philippe Mirror from Sweetpea & Willow. Or try Frenchfinds for a French antique mirror.
- Mineheart White Panelling Wallpaper from Naken
- Ventana Table Lamp from Rockett St George
- Spoon Sofa in Cumin Mohair from Soho Home
- Night Floor Lamp, Small, Black by Ligne Roset at Heals
- Black and White Feather Trim from VV Rouleaux for chair trim
- Abbey floor tiles from Fired Earth
- Concentric Cushion from Niki Jones
- Geotile Cushion from Niki Jones
- Spoon Botton Back Armchair in Graphite Linen from Soho Home